With its modern styling and high performance, the MTO Sport turns heads wherever it goes and there is no shortage of takers for Demonstration Flights! Some of the advantages of the MTO Sport over conventional fixed-wing aircraft:
- Open cockpit fun while remaining well protected from wind and rain.
- Turbulence has little or no effect - no bouncing around!
- Minimal take-off distances (typically 150-450 feet).
- Very short landing distances.
- Wide speed range, with a very low minimum speed safely possible.
- An MTO Sport costs around 10% of the cost to own and operate a helicopter yet can accomplish 90% of what a helicopter can do. Unlike a helicopter, an AutoGyro cannot hover, take off or land vertically.
Features of the MTOsport 2010
- Tandem Open Cockpit
- Dual controls
- Airframe and accessories fabricated from high-grade TIG welded stainless steel which is electro-polished.
- Engine - Rotax 912 ULS 100 HP or optional Rotax 914T (turbo) 115 HP both with 1:2.43 reduction gearbox and slipper clutch as standard.
- High-grade stainless steel exhaust system.
- Cockpit, seats, landing gear, 3-blade propeller and tail unit all fabricated from hi-tech composite material.
- Hydraulic disc brakes on the main wheels with lockable parking brake.
- Pneumatic in-flight adjustable trim.
- Pneumatic rotor brake
- Auto-Gyro extruded aluminum rotor system featuring a NACA 8H12
- Powerful engine-driven pre-rotator
- Full size windscreens for pilot and passenger
- Three standard colors
- Avionics packages such as radio, transponder and GPS units available
- Rear Seat Instructor Pack
- Custom colors available
- Weatherproof cover
- LED landing lights
- LED combination strobe/navigation lights
- Oil thermostat regulates the Oil temp at 90 degrees.
|L X W x H (excl. rotor)||17' x 6' x 9'|
|Empty weight||450 lbs – 550 lbs|
|Engine *1||Rotax 912 / 914|
|Range||3 flight hours|
|Cruise speed||65 knots (75 mph)|
|Max speed||97 knots (112 mph)|
|Fuel capacity||17 US gallons|
|Compliant with||BUT, Section T, ASRA|